Thursday, March 5, 2009

"Mercy" Killing?

1. Reflecting on Of Mice and Men

a.Explain George's perspective for what he did to Lennie.

I think George did what was best for Lennie. If george wouldn't have killed him maybe Lennie would have suffered even more. Maybe George didn't want to kill him but he had to do what was best for Lennie. Even though maybe Lennie wouldn't of wanted that way I think that George made the right decision.

b.Do you think that was the best thing to do for Lennie?

 Yes I think that was the best for Lennie. If Curley would've gotten to him he would've suffered a lot. It was best for Lennie to die. Even though he never got to tend the rabbits.

2. Father in Italy Accused of Murder

a.Using a "quote" to support your response, explain the father's reasons for what he did.

"Late last year, 67-year-old Beppino Englaro, won an intense 10-year legal battle to allow his daughter's feeding tubes to be removed, saying that was her wish."

It was his daughters wish so I think he did what was best for her. Its says that his daughter told him that she would much rather be dead than be kept alive artificially. If that were me I would've liked it better if they killed me sooner than be kept alive that long.

b. Using a "quote" to support your response, explain if that was the best thing to do for the daughter.

 That was the best he could do for his daughter in my opinion. If you were to put yourself in her place you wouldn't want to be kept alive that way so I think what he did for his daughter was best. Since it was her wish for it to be that way it was the best thing to do for her.

c.Do you agree or disagree with what the father did? Why?

I agree with what the father did. If i was in his place I wouldn't like to see my daughter like that suffering. Even though he had to kill his own daughter I agree with what he did because she wasn't really alive she was just being kept alive artifically.

3.Man Kills Family after Losing his Job

a.There would have been many things going through that mans mind. Not being able to support his family and that's the mans job of the familly. Not giving his children the life he wanted for them or his wife. He might have been going crazy. Because in the end he ended up killing himself and his family.

b.One way parents can support thier children and does not require money is loving them. I think that is the most important thing a parent can give to thier children. For the children to succeed in life I think the parent should be there and support them in anything they do.